Saturday, January 10, 2009


Walking.. Reflecting..

And so it goes.... one year have passed and the other is here.
I certainly hope that 2009 will be nothing short of a blessing;)

For last year, my first semester spent at SMU felt- in no better words- much like a roller-coaster ride. With its own sets of ups and downs. Calm moments and heart-throbbing ones. At times I fear having to make decisions, yet at SMU, I find myself constantly having to confront with one. SMU certainly force one to grow up! :P Sadly, I didn't get very fantastic grades for the first semester, but in short, it was a good learning experience. Overall, last term have been very rewarding- I made some new friends and understood my school alittle better:)

During the wonderful december holidays, I had a really good time in China :)) We got to travel to Suzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi and for most of the time spent in Shanghai. We didn't go there for the shopping because contrary to what people believe, most stuff there are expensive. It was more of an educational tour this time round. A really really educational one. I learnt alot and I'm happy:) During this 9 day trip, we sat on Shanghai's fastest Maglev(magnectic) train, Cruise the Huangpu river, went to Shanghai's Madame Tussauds' Wax Museum (where most high-flying celebrties are modelled in wax in real life size), Hangzhou's Meijiawu Tea Village, The Three Kingdom Movie and TV City and visited the Wansong Academy (where Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai, the tragic couple of a tragic chinese classic lovestory "The Butterfly Lovers", studied at), amongst the many other place we visited. We also got to know very nice people during this tour! I will never ever forget this experience:)) Yes, I do love to travel. Especially on trips like this one:)))

Anyways, for this brand new term, I am really happy with my timetable! I will be having a 3 Day week! Yipees! Hahahs, this time I didn't play hero:P I am taking 4 modules (2 Business Mods and 2 Core Mods) next semester;

And so for the start of this new academic year...

My first week of school went pretty alright:) I enjoyed lesson very much. And I'm really happy that for every seminar that I have, with each class not exceeding 45 students, I know at least 3 people in each class. Isn't it pretty amazing to see how God work at times? Well having said that I am not implying that it is difficult to make friends at SMU. No, in fact its pretty much almost an every day thing, and the truth is that people there are really friendly. Its just that there is just so much to be thankful for. For a good school, good business course, good people, good sunshine and the occasional rain. :) Ah.. isn't it great to know that God has been providing? If only we take notice.

Alrites, thats about it for now. I would love to upload some pictures that I've taken in school and during the holis but the blogger uploading system just irritates me no end, so ask me for them instead :)

And till the next time, God Bless.


*Peace out.


Shereen
10:05 PM





3 Yeo sisters: ♥♥♥
Shereen;
Sueann;
Suzanne.









Designer Eric Sim
Brushes Hybrid Genesis and Eric Sim