Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A New Lease of Life
In many aspects rightfully so..
New life, New school, New course, New friends, New professors, New textbooks, New.. umbrella, ... And to top it off, a New blog!
Now where did umbrella come from? Mad-ness :P
Not too long ago, Holiday!Well as you can see, the holiday after the A Levels is over and now its back to school. It was a good break though! I got to travel to Hong Kong, Shenzhen, KL and Bangkok! I am contented:) (Perhaps I'll post some pictures up the next time if time permits). I would like to say a huge Thank you to Fides for taking me and mummy around at Hong Kong! I miss having dinner at
Satay King, talking to you Fides in the hotel room at night after we're done with the day of shopping,
walking down the streets of Kowloon, Mongkok, Women's Street, Causeway Bay, Aberdeen Fishing Village... and also the then chily weather!! Did I mentioned? I was down with a fever in Hong Kong on the 2nd day bcos I brilliantly walked down the maze of streets in HK on the 1st day w/out my scarf and jacket on even though mummy nag at me to do it because it is known that one gets more prone to catching a cold with such a stupid act! Silly, Stubborn me:P So whilst the others enjoy a good dinner on the 5th day at Shenzhen, what was I doing? Eating plain porridge with some stir fried vegetables from the hotel bed.. pathetic:p But yes, even though I was ill, I did get to do my fair share of shopping as well :) That activity is mandatory, not optional! I told mummy I was much better on the 6th day and at the evening, we headed to
Dongmen the most prominant shopping area in Shenzhen to shop. I love the hustle and bustle of that city! And toward the middle of this year, my family headed to Bangkok to for a short holiday:) We had a really good time there though not without with a few hiccups along the way. Fun and Exciting nonetheless! These holiday trips I had is unforgettable!
UniversitiesGetting into a university was more tiring than I thought it to be initially.
Essay writings, Interviews, online registration, withdrawal, registration...
Given 3 options but ultimately it comes down to 1 decision.
My unversity of choice, SMU. :)
I went for the mandatory 3D2N Freshmen Teambuilding Camp. For this part, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Team building games

We're suppose to form a shape of a star!

Our Super raft that we constructed from scratch

Reaching shores!

Group photo shot

Another :)

After the last challenge...

Attempting the iconic SMU jump! :)

Another try at it again!! Hahahs!
@SMUUniversity life so far has been overwhelming! My weekly schedule are packed with a myriad of activities including: lectures, homework, essays, readings, presentations, project group meetings and other activities of the day/week. It feel as though someone just hit the fast-forward button! We are only but into out 5th week, and already I have sat for a Calculus Quiz on Tuesday, a Financial Accounting(FA) Quiz today and submitted my first essay for Academic Writing for grading and am currently into my second essay! Quiz btw in Uni has taken on a whole new definition, it is so bloody not a quiz! (Pardon my language, but I feel there is no better way to describe this :P) I think describing it as a test would be more appropriate because it accounts for 10% of my overall grades:S
*faints at this moment*. Oh yes, and after today's FA quiz, I think that accountants do deserve a higher pay in order to keep them from commiting suicide! The language and format of accounting for now is somewhat getting into my nerves. However to be fair, I think that the skills that we're taught from it can be pretty useful. I'm surprise they didn't make it compulsory for us to study it in pri/sec school.
Ah yes, I forget to mention that FYI, modules/courses that I will be taking this semester includes:
Academic Writing
- Business, Government and Society
- Calculus
- Technology and World Change
- Financial Accounting
The course titles looks innocently easy when in fact they are Not!
Woah.... Can life get anymore hectic than this?
Pauses awhile to breathe
Mid-terms exams are coming up too :(
But thats it for now since its getting late...
I miss my classmates at 2A04(07') and council mates:)
Till next...
*Peace out!
Shereen
3:05 PM