Thursday, February 15, 2007
Love is...
Thats the theme for today's literature night.It was Fantastic!The performance for tonight was really Really good. The usual VIPs came to watch the performance (and obviously you-know-who came along too).
Mr Rozells came with his very sweet fiance:) Soo many students wanted to talk to him! Hes just good. Yes, he remains my fav. teacher:]
Mr Tan (our principal), specially said that this is the best moment he had experince since coming to SR. I think hes a Good principal if you ask me. His ways work well for me at least- very clear and organised. I respect him for that.
Anyhows, it is quite shocking to know that Literature Night can be miraculously done without threats nor force. People just volunteered. No stereotypes, its not because " its the arts people what". Come on, we are the same. Who like to do something out of the ordinary when you are given the option to sit back and relax? But the point is, when I compare and contrast the way the lit dept works and the way council works, saddening. And no, the former didn't go through any leadership whatsoever nonsense talk and No de-briefing, yet, the results and love they get from the students makes a world of a difference. It is harsh.
So, with all that have been said, it only revolves round one word: trust. Thus, I applaud and salute the Lit dept. Especially Mr Mark Tan, my respect goes out to him.
Ta-da.
Oh yes, how could I forget.This morning's poetry reading and prize presentation.
Well of course i was nervous and panicked. But well, went up, had no feeling and just blab. Only when I was halfway through did the fact that I was on the podium reciting to a mass audience sink in. But pulled through and survived at least:0) I have been practising it since I laid hands on the poem. Now I can even say it without having to take a look at it, but I am having a sore throat bcos of the many pracitices:p I was elated when some said it was rather natural. But I hope i didnt screw things up, some peeps who sat at the front said that they could see me shivering. opps.
Yeps so thats all for today. All ok and nice.
Yipees!
Love is...Peace* out.
Shereen
11:19 PM